Clifton McDonald, Eli Anderson and Marleen Joseph.
"Testimonials will be posted soon."
Understanding Eldership is an international, contemporary dialogue for participants 50-years +, designed to foster an understanding of what it is to be an Elder.
In the course, you will self-reflect and inquire within an empathetic and culturally nurturing conversation. Your exploration will include the art of storytelling and cherishing your heritage as you discover how we understand our story as Elders.
The purpose of the dialogue is to create a safe space where stories, experiences and reflection can flow in a caring, respectful, and honoring way, and incorporates the practices of focusing on being in silence, bodywork, and meditation.
During this contemporary dialogue, you will:
- Explore what it means to be an Elder in the 21st Century and how the role has changed historically.
- Examine & consider the Eldership currencies relating to your family history.
- Create a deeper understanding of the role you play in life, including the responsibilities to your family, community, and self.
- Share your experience, stories, and reflections of being an Adult.
- Freely explore your life purpose and who you are.
- Apply your newly created understanding of what it means to be an Elder to every aspect of your life.
- “The experiences were valued and valuable”.
- “I now value the things I took for granted”.
- “The attributes of being an Elder, was impactful, but now even more so”.
- “I can really think about what it means to be an Elder. I am thinking to be more responsible for the wisdom I give, the love I share and the way I have to communicate.”
- “The gift of caring, is so essential in being an Elder.”
- “The space was very safe for me”.
- “I was able to deal with me son, in a way that didn't make me fear him”.
- “I felt a deep 'Africaness' growing all through the course.”
- “I recognize my name was given to me for a reason.”
Welcoming Guest Session
Saturday January 21, 2023
Next Full Workshop Series
Saturday February 04, 2023 (Session 1)
Saturday February 11, 2023 (Session 2)
Saturday February 18, 2023 (Session 3)
Saturday February 25, 2023 (Session 4)
Saturday March 04, 2023 (Session 5)
Saturday March 11, 2023 (Session 6)
Duration: 6 Weeks
Time: Each Session is 2-Hours long
07:00 a.m. - 09:00 a.m. PST
10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. EST
09:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. MST
03:00 p.m. - 05:00 p.m. GMT